Saturday, 28 February 2009
Thursday, 26 February 2009
A domain name is what people will search in a browser to find a specific website. To purchase a domain name you must first think of a name which would best describe your website. Usually website names are fairly short or catchy so the audience remember it.
Web hosting is used to publish websites on the Internet. If you make a website and want people to be able to view it then you must upload it on a web hosting service so people search for your website and then view it. You can use many things from web hosting; From personal designed websites just for fun to online shopping websites. Without a web hosting service people will not be able to view your site.
When your website is going live onto the world wide web, a live search team will be needed to make sure your website will come high in the listings when key words are typed into specifc search engines, this will make your website more visible therefore, hopefully more people will view it.
Tuesday, 24 February 2009
These sketches follow the conventions of most charity websites such as;
Navigational bar to access the other pages easily.
A clear logo on each page so the charity is obvious to our audience.
Also, we chose to have a picture slideshow/video on our homepage as we thought it would be attractive and catch the eye of our younger audiences.
The paradigms (themes, structure and iconography) of this website are put in place to represent the horses in a specific way to persuade out target audience.
Thursday, 12 February 2009
Tuesday, 10 February 2009
Thursday, 5 February 2009
Age: (Circle the correct answer)
15-20 20-30 30-40 40-50 50-60 60-70 70-80
What ethnicity are you? _____________________________
What is the first three letters off your postcode?
What religion do you belong to?
How much do you earn in a year? (Circle the answer)
10-20k 20-40k 40-60k 60-100k
What is your current relationship status?(Circle correct answer)
Married Single Divorced Widowed Gay
What is your Occupation?
Professional Management Skilled Semi-skilled Unskilled Unwaged
Which is your favorite sport? (Circle correct answer)
Football Rugby Badminton Hockey Archery Other
What website do you normally visit?
School websites should be accessible to children? Agree or disagree
Sunday, 1 February 2009
2. The perceptions haven't changed but i know understand that this course is going to be alot harder than GCSE was and it is also going to ask for much more dedication to achieve a high grade.
3. I have already learnt alot and also recapped on many things such as, Camera shots and movements. I have retained simple things like cannotations and denotations. The small piece of written work went okay considering this was the first real peice of work we had done since alot of time off. However, The storyboards didn't go aswell because i was able to watch Hollyoaks again as the server was down.
4. I haven't not understood anything but i would most definately need to recap on alot of things such as the more complex things involving sound and indepth camera movements.
5. I have understood that the sound in films can make a big difference to your thoughts and can help to do things such as, Build a specifc atmosphere or building tension.
6. I appreciated the pure simplicity of Gone Fishing and also the originatlity of it. I think the shortness of the film adds to the originality and also the storyline is very affective and also the shot where the boy comes into focus is intriguing because it really draws the attention of the audience this allows the reader ti fully focus on the boy which is an important part of the film.
By Jack Brennan